We want you to be a part of our team!
• Join a dynamic and thriving ECC department with a positive empowerment culture • Rewarding position with a team that acknowledges great work
• Diverse shift availability in a 24hr Purpose built centre
As a collective we pride ourselves and strive for a cohesive team environment. We are here to provide not only the best possible care for our patients and clients but a workplace that provides support, encourages growth, and encompasses a team moral ensuring each member of staff knows their value and worth to the team. Our ECC and Critical Care Team align closely with our Specialist and referral centre providing a multitude of varied caseloads along with the ability to gain knowledge in neighbouring departments. Our ECC department is well equipped with two ventilators, High Flow Oxygen, Multiparameters, Beecardia Portable ECG’s and more to aid you in giving the best possible patient care.
We are currently seeking an ECC Nurse to join our Team.
We are looking for an experienced, compassionate, team player with a professional manner, a strong work ethic and high emotional intelligence to join our already amazing ECC department. The ideal candidate will join a team of experienced and committed nurses to maintain the well running and exceptional patient care of our patients in the department.
Job duties include:
- All general nursing duties inclusive of being efficient and confident in phlebotomy, induction, and intubation.
- Management of hospitalised patients.
- Monitoring Anaesthesia for procedures and or surgery
- Working closely with our Surgery, Ward and Medicine Team
- A passion and or interest in Emergency Nursing
- Experience in a busy general practice
- Minimum Certificate IV in veterinary nursing and/or BAppSc (Veterinary Technology) degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to communicate effectively in extreme situations with empathy, and calmness
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Problem solving skills and proactiveness
- Attention to detail
- Compassionate and empathetic person
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience as an emergency or ICU Nurse.
- Sound medical and surgical knowledge base inclusive of terminology
- Knowledge of Ezyvet, VetRadar and IDEXX laboratory machines but not essential
What We Can Offer You:
- PPT position
- Above award wage
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Continued Education allowance
Roles within our privately owned business do not become available often, so take action right away.
How to Apply:
Please send through your CV and cover letter to Practice Manager, Elyse Martin at email@example.com Any questions or queries are always also welcomed.
Optional – for extra brownie points record a video (3 minutes max) of yourself, outlining why you are a perfect fit and what excites you about the opportunity. Don’t worry, we’re only interested in meeting you, not your video production skills! Use our FB page to send your video via messenger. We’re accepting applications up to close of business Friday 26th August.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!