Looking to make a difference in a business that prioritises gold standard patient care and support to their staff?
We want you to be a part of our team!
- An entry level position into the best job in the world!
- Join a dynamic and thriving weekend Veterinary Nursing team
- Rewarding position with a team that acknowledges great workAs a collective we pride ourselves and strive for a cohesive team environment. We are here to provide not only the best possible care for our patients and clients but a workplace that provides support, encourages growth, and encompasses a team value ensuring each member of staff knows their value to the team.
We are currently seeking a Weekend Kennel Hand to join our team!
We are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work and genuinely enjoys being around animals! You will work closely with our ECC department ensuring the cleanliness of the hospital and hospitalised patients. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to dip your toes into the Veterinary world and experience all the amazing things we do! This position includes rotating shifts both Saturday and Sunday between 7am – 7pm.
Job duties include
- Following the weekend checklists for cleaning all wards including the back kennels, cattery, ECC and Hospital areas maintaining our gold class hygiene standard
- Ensure the departments are kept well stocked throughout the shifts
- Animal handling including walking, feeding and restraint
- Equipment cleaning and sterilising
- Tackle the high volume of laundry we process
- Provide compassion, love and environmental enrichment to all hospitalised patients including our long-term tenants
- Ensure every animal is clean and properly groomed prior to being discharged to their owners
- Has a love for all animals and is able to work alongside them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner
- Understands the importance of prioritising tasks and keeps oneself busy and productive during work
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Outstanding reliability and punctuality
- Friendly, flexible, and approachable manner
- Ability to follow directions
- Compassionate and empathetic person
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent health for a highly physical position
- Current driver’s license
What We Can Offer You
- A learning environment with a strong, well balanced, and experienced team of Vets and Nurses
- A supportive workplace with a team that wants the best for you and to see you thrive
- A close-knit social community within the team
- Allow you to experience the individual cases that come through our doors! No two days are the same!Roles within our privately owned business do not become available often, so take action right away.
How to Apply:
Please send through your CV and cover letter to our Hospital Co Ordinator, Brooke Walker firstname.lastname@example.org Optional – for extra brownie points record a video (3 minutes max) of yourself, outlining why you are a perfect fit and what excites you about the opportunity. Don’t worry, we’re only interested in meeting you, not your video production skills! Use our FB page to send your video via messenger.
We’re accepting applications up to close of business Friday 1st July.
We’ll let you know we’ve received your application. After that, you probably shouldn’t expect to hear from us until the application deadline has passed. We want to give everyone who’s interested in a fair chance to apply and be evaluated. ⠀
We’re looking forward to meeting you.