Looking to make a difference in a business that prioritises gold standard patient care and support to their staff?
We want you to be a part of our team!
- Join a dynamic and thriving medicine department with a positive empowerment culture
- Rewarding position with a team that acknowledges great work
- Full-Time Position
As a collective, we pride ourselves on and strive for a cohesive team environment. We are here to provide not only the best possible care for our patients and clients but a workplace that provides support, encourages growth, and encompasses a team value ensuring each member of staff knows their value to the team.
We are currently seeking a Senior Medicine Nurse to join our Team.
We are looking for an experienced, compassionate, team player with a professional manner, a strong work ethic and high emotional intelligence to join our already amazing medicine department. The ideal candidate will join a team of experienced and committed nurses to maintain the well running and exceptional patient care of our patients in the department.
Job duties include:
- All general nursing duties include being efficient and confident in phlebotomy, induction, and intubation.
- Management of hospitalised patients.
- Monitoring Anaesthesia for procedures and or surgery
- Training and support to studying nurses.
- Working closely with our Surgery, Ward and ECC departments, and management members.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience in a busy general practice
- Minimum Certificate IV in veterinary nursing and/or BAppSc (Veterinary Technology) degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to communicate effectively in extreme situations with empathy, and calmness
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Problem-solving skills and proactiveness
- Attention to detail
- Compassionate and empathetic person
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience in a specialist clinic.
- Knowledge and experience in management or senior role
- Sound medical and surgical knowledge base inclusive of terminology
- Knowledge of Ezyvet, VetRadar and laboratory machines but not essential
What We Can Offer You:
- Full-Time position
- $65,000 per annum
- Employee assistance program
- Continued Education allowance
Roles within our privately owned business do not become available often, so take action right away.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to Practice Manager, Elyse Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional – for extra brownie points record a video (3 minutes max) of yourself, outlining why you are a perfect fit and what excites you about the opportunity. Don’t worry, we’re only interested in meeting you, not your video production skills! Use our FB page to send your video via messenger.
We’re accepting applications up to the close of business Friday 3rd June.
We’ll let you know we’ve received your application. After that, you probably shouldn’t expect to hear from us until the application deadline has passed. We want to give everyone who’s interested a fair chance to apply and be evaluated. ⠀
We’re looking forward to meeting you.