North Coast Veterinary Specialists (NCVS) is a rapidly growing specialist clinic on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, who are looking for nurses to join their specialist surgery team. You will be exposed to gold standard care and equipment to perform a vast range of orthopeadic, soft tissue, neurological and ophthalmological surgeries.
Experience in specialty surgery is a bonus, but not necessary as we can provide you the support to grow and learn while integrating into the team. You will be joining a fun, experienced, and committed team of five surgeons and six surgical nurses, who work closely together with our internal medicine, critical care, ophthalmology and emergency teams.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Certificate IV in veterinary nursing or Veterinary Technology (BAppSc) degree
- Minimum 2-3 years nursing experience
- Availability to be on call for weeknights and weekends (rotating roster)
- A friendly, easy going nature and be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work efficiently and multi-task
- Demonstrate consistently high quality of patient care even in busy conditions
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience or a strong interest in specialist surgical nursing
- Sound knowledge and experience in anaesthesia and anaesthetic monitoring
- Knowledge of Ezyvet, Smartflow and Idexx blood machines but not essential
If you are looking to work with an amazing group of people with a passion for animals, apply today! The next step is to forward your CV and cover letter to Elyse Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference REFSN21 in your subject line.