The internal medicine service at NCVS (North Coast Veterinary Specialists) is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases involving many body systems.
- Seizure disorders, brain tumors, other diseases of the nervous system
- Infectious diseases including bacterial and fungal infections
- Hormonal (endocrine) diseases such as diabetes, thyroid problems and Cushing’s
- Gastrointestinal problems, liver diseases and pancreas problems
- Kidney and urinary diseases including renal failure
- Blood and bone marrow problems such as immune-mediated hemolytic anemia, blood clotting problems, and leukemia
- All types of cancer such as lymphosarcoma and osteosarcoma; therapy includes on-site chemotherapy and surgery at NCVS, and referral for radiation therapy
- Respiratory problems including feline asthma
- Upper and lower GI endoscopy, video bronchoscopy, tracheoscopy, rhinoscopy
- Digital radiography and contrast radiography
- Ability to run a variety of blood tests and cytology in-house
- Ultrasound of the abdomen and chest
- Ultrasound-guided procedures such as aspirates and biopsies
- Bone marrow aspirates and biopsies
- Joint taps and spinal taps
- Computerized tomography (CT scans)
- Medical resonance imaging (MRI)
- Video laparoscopy and thoracoscopy
The medicine team works closely with the NCVS surgery service and the Animal Emergency Service Sunshine Coast for consultations on difficult cases, or transfers for ongoing care. They also make every effort to give each patient individual and personalised care.
All of the NCVS team are strong believers in making sure that clients are aware of all the options available for any condition and will work hard to explain the disease and the benefits of the various treatments. We strive to achieve excellent patient care and comfort, and try to attain the best possible outcome for each patient.
What our clients are saying….
The most amazing and caring team at North Coast Vet.
Our dog suddenly became paralyzed as a result of a disc in his back he required emergency surgery his chance of walking again unknown. The staff answered any questions we had even when we called to check in the, vet nurse Tahnee I think, was amazing and answered every question I asked and was happy too. Richard the surgeon was so amazing, he explained everything to us and could see both of us where very upset he was amazing. I seriously could not have hoped for a more amazing team at such an emotional time. Thank you Richard and the Team at North Coast Vet