Dr Guy Clare accepts cases on a referral basis from primary care veterinarians that are concerned about your dog and cat eye condition.
He has been trained in advanced diagnostic and surgical techniques applicable to the investigation and treatment of ophthalmic disease.
Formerly, he ran a private referral practice in the UK and was the visiting ophthalmology consultant to Liverpool University. He holds a RCVS certificate in veterinary ophthalmology and particularly enjoys being able to enlighten clients about their pet’s eye disease. His ‘down-to -earth’ and enthusiastic manner makes him very popular with clients and vets alike.
Dr Clare has a broad spectrum of interests in both medical and surgical eye conditions. He has attended advanced human ophthalmic courses and will, when applicable, transfer this knowledge to the animal patients under his care. This is particularly true of his approach to cataract surgery.
- Direct Ophthalmoscope
- Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- Slit-lamp Biomicroscope
- Tonometry (Tonopen)
- Ocular ultrasonography
- Leica / Wild Operating Microscope
- Surgical Loupes
- Titanium micro-surgical instruments
- Phacoemulsification: AMO Sovereign Compact
Common Surgical Conditions
- Eyelid disorders
– Entropion: ‘Browsling’ ; Holz-Celsus resection; Lid shortening
– Distichiasis: Resection of the meibomian glands housing the aberrant hairs; Ectopic cilia
- Eyelid reconstruction following tumour resection of congenital abnormality
- ‘Cherry – Eye’
- Everted or Inverted (scrolling) of the Third eyelid
- Tear-outflow tract surgery
- Corneal ulceration
– Keratectomy, grid keratotomy and third eyelid flap for indolent ulcers
– Keratectomy with support from a conjunctival pedicle graft for stromal ulcers
- Corneal sequestration
- Parotid duct transposition for the treatment of refractory dry eye cases
What our clients are saying….
The most amazing and caring team at North Coast Vet.
Our dog suddenly became paralyzed as a result of a disc in his back he required emergency surgery his chance of walking again unknown. The staff answered any questions we had even when we called to check in the, vet nurse Tahnee I think, was amazing and answered every question I asked and was happy too. Richard the surgeon was so amazing, he explained everything to us and could see both of us where very upset he was amazing. I seriously could not have hoped for a more amazing team at such an emotional time. Thank you Richard and the Team at North Coast Vet